Massage in the 1st Trimister
1 - 14 Weeks
Is massage safe at this stage?
It is a myth that it is unsafe to receive massage during the 1st Trimester. There is no research or proof that massage interferes with pregnancy and no evidence that Pregnancy creates more of a strain then any of your daily activities such as walking or exercising etc. Spas and Massage Therapists who have not undertaken specialised training in Pregnancy Massage are not insured to treat pregnant women within the 1st Trmiester.
Mother and Bump Massage Therapists are fully trained and insured and understand how to work safely with you by adapting massage strokes and positions.
How your body will change.
Within the 1st Trimester, your body will be experiencing many hormonal surges which will not only affect your body, but will also have a huge impact on your mind and emotions.
During this Trimester you may feel.
- Extremely tired/ fatigued Experience bouts of nausea or may even be physically sick.
- You start to go off of your favourite foods or feveloping a strong disliking for certain smells.
- Feel delighted, anxious, fearful and exhilarated, sometimes all at once. May feel tearful or highly emotional.
- Experience spells of dizziness.
- You may experience a tight upper back and shoulders due to an increase in breast size. Experience headaches due to hormonal surges.
Benefits of Early Pregnancy Massage:
- Boosts Energy Levels.
- Reduces nausea
- Calms, relaxes and soothes the body, mind and emotions Reduces muscular tension.
- Provides you with additional antenatal support.
- Helps you to process your pregnancy without fear
- Helps you to prepare your body physically for the more demanding 2nd and 3rd Trimester. Looking after your own emotional and mental wellbeing.
- A forum to discuss your feelings openly without judgement.
The focus of Massage in the 1st Trimester is gentle, slow and calming to help the body to relax. Visualisation & Breathing exercises can also be offered to help combat fear and anxiety at this stage.
For a 60 minute Pregnancy Massage Treatment £50.00
For a 90 minute Pregnancy Massage Treatment £70.00
To make a booking please go to our How to Book page
Don't forget to check out our Pregnancy Package Deals click here to find out more.