Nutrional Advice in Pregnancy & Postnatal
Eating a well-balanced diet full of Nutrients and Minerals in Pregnancy is a fantastic way to make sure that you are giving your baby the best start in life.
Taking a look at your eating habits in pregnancy will not only help you to give your baby all the nutrients he or she needs to thrive, but will also help you to have a fit and healthy pregnancy. You are also providing yourself with a good foundation for continued good eating habits for the rest of your life.
The benefits of looking after your diet in pregnancy may help you to:
- Prevent birth defects as good nutrition is the building block of healthy development for your growing baby.
- Contribute to a better labour and birth as your body will be in better shape to support you.
- Provide your body with the right nutrients which helps your Placenta grow stronger and be more efficient for the needs of your growing baby.
- Influence your baby’s weight and development.
- Protect you from developing Anaemia in Pregnancy.
- Aid recovery from your pregnancy, labour & birth.
- Combat fatigue in the Post-natal period.
- Support your milk supply.
Clare Jansen is a state Registered Dietitian and a member of the British Dietetic Association and registered with the Health Professionals Council. Clare is also the Director of The Body Workshop. For more information please contact Clare on 0800 357 9693 or 07887776498 alternatively click here to go directly to The Body Workshop Site